- Grand Challenge
Grand Challenge –
Agritech and Climate Action
Tourism and Sustainability
The Grand Challenge is aimed at supporting early-stage innovators to upscale from the R&D phase to developing workable prototypes and Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for the Agritech and Climate Action, Tourism and Sustainability sector. 20 shortlisted innovators will be invited to attend a 2-week bootcamp. Of the 20 innovators, 4 will be supported in development of MVP(s)/ prototypes. The Grand Challenge is a part of the XR Startup Program, a collaboration between Meta and MeitY Startup Hub, and will be run and managed by AIC-SMU Technology Business Incubation Foundation (AIC-SMUTBI).
The applications should propose ideas or solutions that leverage XR technologies with the objective of:
- Transforming and revolutionizing agriculture
- Solving for present-day challenges of the agriculture sector
- Addressing the impact of climate change
- Enabling climate action
The applications should propose ideas or solutions that leverage XR technologies to:
- Enhance/ re-define/ revolutionize tourism
- Enable sustainable tourism
- Address challenges faced by the travel industry
- Promote sustainability
Why should you apply?
1. Top 20 shortlisted innovators will receive the following benefits:
Opportunity to attend the bootcamp.
Shortlist grant of ₹ 50,000 on successful completion of the bootcamp.
2. Top 4 innovators out of the bootcamp will receive the following benefits:
Grant of ₹ 20,00,000 to be utilized solely for conversion of solution/ idea/ proof of concept to MVP/ prototype.
Mentorship by industry experts and researchers.
Access to a network of potential strategic partners and investors.
Opportunity to participate and present at demo days and various industry events.
Access to technology and infrastructure support.
Who should apply?
- Students studying at a university in India
- Entrepreneurs, working professionals, faculty or researchers based in India
- Aspiring Indian startups at the ideation stage or at pre-MVP/ prototype stage
Key target outcomes
- Development of workable MVP(s) prototypes
- Partnership/ customer connects
- Investor introductions
|Application Start Date||August 10, 2022, 9:00 AM (IST)|
|Application end date||September 24, 2022, 11:59 PM (IST)|
|Announcement of top 20 shortlisted applicants||November 2022|
|Announcement of top 4 final applicants||December 2022|
|Commencement of 6-month program||December 2022|
|Demo days||July 2023|
|Note: Dates/ timelines are subject to change. Kindly check this site regularly for the latest information.|
AIC-SMU Technology Business Incubation Foundation nurtures and incubates early stage entrepreneurial ventures based on technology and innovation by providing infrastructure, mentorship and seed grants to promising young entrepreneurs to pursue their dreams of starting their own venture. AIC-SMUTBI persistently encourages young entrepreneurs to hone their skills in generating valued human resources rather than the traditional manpower that feeds need of the industry.Get in touch
Email – email@example.com
Phone – +91 7063819616
Hours of contact – 9:00 AM – 5:00PM (All working days)