- Name of the Company : Bisons Engineers
- Name of the Founder/CEO : Mr. Lalbiakzuala Ralte
- Team Members : Dorothy Ralte, Lalsawmliana, Benjamin Lalawmpuia Ralte, Lalhmingmawia, Lallawmkima Ralte, Laltanpuia Ralte, Walden Zoramsangliana, Lalchhandama, Lalhriatpuia, Vanlalruata, Lalhriatpuia Ralte, Lalrinchhana
- Product : Incense Stick Making machine, Arecanut Cleaning Machine, Arecanut Dehusking Machine, Dough Kneading Machine for Noodle Industry, Paddy Threaser
- Domain : Manufacturing
About Bisons Engineers:
During my time as a part time instructor under World Vision India, the first challenge was the plight of the Agarbati Stick. Manufacturers, as the labor rates in the state (Mizoram) was high as the industry suffered a great set back in making ends meet. These Agarbati Stick collectors approached us to design a portable machine to make the sticks from bamboo. I have no machines nor funds to take up this project even though I was motivated, so I gathered all my available sources by begging, borrowing and requesting people having workshops till my dreams becomes a reality.
The first machine was a failure, so it had to be discarded. The second was some what operative but this process had to undergo two stages viz. Slicing and splitting, so, two machines were required. I then combined these two machines to one and was Successful.
The then NEDFI Chairman during the time of Mr. Hazarika, Sanctioned a little more than 4 lakhs to set-up my workshop, to whom I extremely grateful.
Owing to NEDFI’s initiatives I was later introduced to ‘National Innovation Foundation – India’ which supported me both financially and morally and help me getting my Patent application granted. I am one of the First Patentee in the State of Mizoram.
- In 2011 my name was listed in India book of Records.
- In 2012 I received “Best Bamboo Product Award (State)
- In 2013 I was awarded the 7th National Grassroots Technological Innovation and Traditional Knowledge Award. This Prestigious Award was presented by the then President of India at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- In 2014 I was selected among the four Innovators as a delegates for “Base of Pyramid” world Convention held in Singapore.
- Then in 2016 I was selected for the “Third Batch of Innovation Scholar In Residence Programmed at Rashtrapati Bhavan” for 2 weeks. My works bags a place at the Rastrapati Bhavan Permanent Exhibition Hall among the very few others.
- First Prize in Idea Category (Aizawl District) of the indigenous Grassroots Technology & Innovation cvompetition in 2016.
- Second Prize in Prototype Category (Aizawl District) of the indigenous Grassroots Technology & Innovation cvompetition in 2016.
- 2nd Prize in State Local Innovation Exhibition – 2016
- Winner 2nd Micro Start-up competition.
- Panelist at “International Conference on Creativity and Innovation” at IIM Ahmedabad in 2018
- In 2019 I was invited to present Lecture at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) Mussoorie to IAS 2018 Batch
- My story was written in “Business Entrepreneurship in North east Region of India” published by Department of Education in Social Sciences, National Council of Education Research And Training.
Vision and Mission and Core Values.
My vision is to do more grassroot innovations. These Innovations and inventions involves a great deal of pain, endurance and many failures. These difficulties should not deter our goal but more motivate us more to success. I would like to mention my arecanut cleaning machine which started way back in 2008 and took us 5 years to perfect it, whereby the big and small size nuts be cleaned simultaneously. The key Word is PERSISTENCE. Our aim should not remain just to be a Government employee, but to serve the needs and requirements of our People Success will follows.
Future Plan (Scale up plan) :
Appoint Distributors, Marketing partner to all over India and more productions.
The present state-of-the-art agarbatti sticks machines manufacturers are mainly China, Taiwan etc.
The vast bamboo resources have a great potential to be an income earner for the entire nation. In order to tap the full potential of Bamboo and bamboo processing with the possibility of generating large scale employment in the field, the Government of India has taken several steps. The Innovator Mr. Lalbiakzuala Ralte (Bisons Engineers) attempting to construct “Semi Automatic Round Stick Machine” which may-be able to produce Round sticks machine at a lower cost than the existing machines. The Existing Bamboo Round Sticks machines are big and their cost is very high. The main challenge for this project is to construct a new Semi Automatic Round Stick making machine and requires lesser power and manpower.
The project aims at development of a new and efficient Semi Automatic Bamboo round stick making machine, the product of which can be used for making agarbatti sticks etc. The machine will be designed to be easy operated. It will be easily affordable by common people which will generate employment in the rural areas. The machine will be designed for easy transportation.
The main objectives of the project is to construct an efficient machine, portable and requiring less manpower that could produce high quality bamboo round sticks suitable for Incense stick at high production rate.
About Founders (mainly their experience and how they are the perfect fit for the company).
I was born in a small village Ratu, Aizawl District and raised in Kolasib Town and was a back bencher at school. Drawing was my passion and my dream was to become a renowned and successful artist. By hook or by crook I manage to graduate, even though I was not interested in my studies passed my graduation by sheer luck.
My source of Income was in the way my line of interest i.e ‘Art’. I made signboards, Motor No. plates and the like. Later on to my yearning of knowledge in the field, I later developed skills in Silkscreen Printing, Engraving, carving etc. without any proper training and professional guidance.
I was given opportunity by various NGO’s to impart my knowledge in vocational training centers whereby I developed insights to several innovations and inventions.